-20%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Ecran PC GIGABYTE 28″ LED M28U 4K ( IPS, 1 ms, 144 Hz, FreeSync ...
399 € 499 €
Voir le deal

[Horror] HirouKeimou - Witch Hour

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hirou Keimou
New
New
Hirou Keimou

Female Messages : 8
Registration date : 2020-03-02

[Horror] HirouKeimou - Witch Hour Empty
PostSubject: [Horror] HirouKeimou - Witch Hour   [Horror] HirouKeimou - Witch Hour Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2020 - 1:16

This is technically psychological horror because I don't like straight up horror but the song sounded too good to pass up.

Anime: Puella Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica (TV & Movies), Magia Record
Song: "Nothing Is As It Seems" by Ruelle
Back to top Go down
FashionableJellyfish
New
New
FashionableJellyfish

Registration date : 2020-03-01

PostSubject: Re: [Horror] HirouKeimou - Witch Hour   [Horror] HirouKeimou - Witch Hour Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2020 - 1:59

First of all, AMAZING. Second of all, BEAUTIFUL. Third of all, AMAZING BEAUTIFUL MASTERPIECE OF GOODNESS.
Back to top Go down
Hirou Keimou
New
New
Hirou Keimou

PostSubject: Re: [Horror] HirouKeimou - Witch Hour   [Horror] HirouKeimou - Witch Hour Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2020 - 2:06

FashionableJellyfish wrote:
First of all, AMAZING. Second of all, BEAUTIFUL. Third of all, AMAZING BEAUTIFUL MASTERPIECE OF GOODNESS.

Thank you, Suki; you're always so enthusiastic, I like that about you! I'm glad you like how it turned out <3
Back to top Go down
JazzsVids
Soul's Team
Soul's Team
JazzsVids

Registration date : 2012-02-28

PostSubject: Re: [Horror] HirouKeimou - Witch Hour   [Horror] HirouKeimou - Witch Hour Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2020 - 2:58

Well done Smile
Back to top Go down
Hirou Keimou
New
New
Hirou Keimou

PostSubject: Re: [Horror] HirouKeimou - Witch Hour   [Horror] HirouKeimou - Witch Hour Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2020 - 23:40

JazzsVids wrote:
Well done Smile
Thank you. It means a lot because I admire your videos. Smile
Back to top Go down
Luna
Soul's Team
Soul's Team
Luna

Registration date : 2010-09-08

PostSubject: Re: [Horror] HirouKeimou - Witch Hour   [Horror] HirouKeimou - Witch Hour Icon_minitimeFri 6 Mar 2020 - 18:51

I think this song is tricky cuz it does not feel horror to me, the amv itself is well edited, but does not fit the category, especially the second part which is action to me, but good luck in the ranking!
Back to top Go down
Hirou Keimou
New
New
Hirou Keimou

PostSubject: Re: [Horror] HirouKeimou - Witch Hour   [Horror] HirouKeimou - Witch Hour Icon_minitimeSat 7 Mar 2020 - 14:56

Luna wrote:
I think this song is tricky cuz it does not feel horror to me, the amv itself is well edited, but does not fit the category, especially the second part which is action to me, but good luck in the ranking!

The hilarious part is, I said this when I first listened to this song in Zuuki's pack. So all I could really do is try for the category it's listed in. And it's not like any of the other song packs clicked for me.

In this contest, I learned it's hard to convincingly pull off psychological horror. There's loads of areas in this video where scenes likely feel random or off for viewers who likely see this on YouTube as a drama AMV. However, it's all meant to unnerve the viewer into wondering who is the villain or protagonist and why all of this is happening. The scariest part of a psychological horror is not knowing who you're supposed to be afraid of or fear for. All I could do is try and hope I could pull it off even a little bit so it did leave people scratching their heads, a bit unnerved, and wondering all of those aforementioned questions.

And I'll agree once again: This song does not scream horror. This song is more suited for drama. But I'm not the one picking out the songs, so...
Back to top Go down
MagicDarkLight
Berserk
Berserk
MagicDarkLight

Male Messages : 2082
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: [Horror] HirouKeimou - Witch Hour   [Horror] HirouKeimou - Witch Hour Icon_minitimeMon 9 Mar 2020 - 1:32

Hello,

We did not mind too much your take on the song because it felt natural and "psyche enough" to fit the "horror category" (but at similar level, some videos might have ranked higher due to fitting better though). This being said, the video took some interesting risks but was going in very different directions visually, it felt like you tried many different effects without having a consistent scheme in head. Moreover, the fx used looked a bit over the top, it was obvious you were mainly trying stuff out.

The scene selection was decent in terms of narration and flow, even pace and synch were okay but it was hidden behind many fades and weirdly-placed glitches that hindered the lisibility of the video imo. The main issue of the video is definitely the technical execution, I feel like a cleaner and simpler video would have worked better. Keep it up!!
Back to top Go down
http://sora-to-kasai.forums-actifs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Horror] HirouKeimou - Witch Hour   [Horror] HirouKeimou - Witch Hour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Horror] HirouKeimou - Witch Hour

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1