AuthorMessage
SpeedQueenGK
Forum Member
Forum Member
SpeedQueenGK

Female Messages : 104
Registration date : 2018-02-03

[Horror] M A R A by GK Empty
PostSubject: [Horror] M A R A by GK   [Horror] M A R A by GK Icon_minitimeFri 6 Mar 2020 - 22:51

This is my entry for the Horror category! I hope you guys will like it!
I didn't really plan to join from the beginning but my DnD session got canceled so I had no more excuses to not join Very Happy
And as tradition requires, I had to edit Horror again. Good luck to everyone in this IC!

Some folklore for ya : Mara is actually the name of a creature in scandinavian folklore that visited people during the night to haunt them in their dreams, and to cause nightmares & night terror.

[Horror] M A R A by GK Banner10

Back to top Go down
Terrae
New
New
Terrae

Registration date : 2020-02-27

PostSubject: Re: [Horror] M A R A by GK   [Horror] M A R A by GK Icon_minitimeSat 7 Mar 2020 - 17:14

you do this category so much justice <33 great work again GK
Back to top Go down
Luna
Soul's Team
Soul's Team
Luna

Registration date : 2010-09-08

PostSubject: Re: [Horror] M A R A by GK   [Horror] M A R A by GK Icon_minitimeSat 7 Mar 2020 - 19:21

Damn girl! I loved your intro! The mood is crazy good, and you get into it right away!
I also loved your idea with the nightmare. I can see all the work you did since I watched again recently the Fate Heaven's Feel movies before the IC.
I would have liked your editing to be a bit more clean ( I feel like some glitch were too much and your color correction as well ). The chorus between 2:39 to 3:02 felt random/weak too but besides that damn! Even your outro is creepy haha, good job!

Ah! and I also noticed a white lign on that scene, it stands out a bit since your scene and cc are all red :
[Horror] M A R A by GK Tzolzo14  

BUT GOOD LUCK IN THE RANKING, FOR SURE IN THE TOP! ( you're made for that category )

[Horror] M A R A by GK Giphy
Back to top Go down
SpeedQueenGK
Forum Member
Forum Member
SpeedQueenGK

PostSubject: Re: [Horror] M A R A by GK   [Horror] M A R A by GK Icon_minitimeSun 8 Mar 2020 - 20:53

thanks for the comment! And yeah, everything you pointed out are stuff I have noticed myself. The white line is tbh me messing up a layer but not noticing before after the upload lol. When you're sitting in front of your pc at 6 am in the morning, surviving on coffee, you just wanna finish the video. IC's are fucking rough man.
Back to top Go down
Dynamo
New
New

Female Messages : 14
Registration date : 2019-02-04

PostSubject: Re: [Horror] M A R A by GK   [Horror] M A R A by GK Icon_minitimeSun 8 Mar 2020 - 21:49

Awesome work from you , as usual !
Loved the atmohpere and that intro....THAT INTRO GIRL !
Good scenes,good CC,good combination. Also i saw my rin at 0:35 so it's my fav now! hhaha
<3
Back to top Go down
https://discord.gg/aJs3wkv
SpeedQueenGK
Forum Member
Forum Member
SpeedQueenGK

PostSubject: Re: [Horror] M A R A by GK   [Horror] M A R A by GK Icon_minitimeSun 8 Mar 2020 - 23:27

haha RIIIIN <3 and thank you for one more comment Dima <3
Back to top Go down
BeautyxPain
New
New
BeautyxPain

Female Messages : 38
Registration date : 2016-02-29

PostSubject: Re: [Horror] M A R A by GK   [Horror] M A R A by GK Icon_minitimeSun 8 Mar 2020 - 23:28

XOXOXOXOXOXO
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/BeautyxPain102
SpeedQueenGK
Forum Member
Forum Member
SpeedQueenGK

PostSubject: Re: [Horror] M A R A by GK   [Horror] M A R A by GK Icon_minitimeSun 8 Mar 2020 - 23:56

*blushing so hard* maaan, you're great kylie <3
Back to top Go down
MagicDarkLight
Berserk
Berserk
MagicDarkLight

Male Messages : 2082
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: [Horror] M A R A by GK   [Horror] M A R A by GK Icon_minitimeMon 9 Mar 2020 - 11:51

Hello!

This video really has something attractive and it's a great work overall with many good ideas, interesting FX and clear narrative. I initially put it above Luna because it's easy to get involved in your story and you had quite a vivid coloring that makes it look more shining.
However, I revised myself after watching several times and being more and more aware of the defaults in the video, Luna very well summarized the main problem in the video and the screen Luna showed was also bothering indeed, all the effort put comes with quite messier comps and glitches. In the beginning, apart from the glitches, the comps look almost perfect, I loved the apparition of the St graal/ilya next to Sakura in her bed as well as some more subtle additions like the body parts at 1:20 and the Kimetsu arms coming to take Sakura.

But from there, most FX looked a bit out of touch, starting with the eyes or the mask around 2:00. The editing also gets a bit dull, the jump cuts seem kinda cheap and we have fades during the same scene at 2:10 for example. The overlays were putting a bit too much on the screen and the color correction looked a bit more forceful. From 2:41, I enjoyed the traveling but I feel like they are intertwined with too static scenes which were introduced with many fades, so it just seemed like it could be much better. And the final part with Sakura awakening to the darkness was ok but looked quite rushed in comparison with the rest of the video.

To summarize, the video has a lot of good things, it's definitely getting its point across but it also has very obvious issues with a more rushed/messy second part and some already problematic glitches and colors from the start. I still really enjoyed it, congratz on the top 3! Keep it up o/
Back to top Go down
http://sora-to-kasai.forums-actifs.com
lokkiclu
Soul's Team
Soul's Team
lokkiclu

Female Messages : 283
Registration date : 2015-02-08

PostSubject: Re: [Horror] M A R A by GK   [Horror] M A R A by GK Icon_minitimeSat 14 Mar 2020 - 17:16

Seriously impressive work, you pretty much blew me away with this clip to the point I don't even want to bother talking about technical mistakes. They're there, I'm sure you're aware already, but the atmosphere is so captivating that I just simply love it for what it is. Great job GK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Horror] M A R A by GK   [Horror] M A R A by GK Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Horror] M A R A by GK

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Soul's Team Forum :: Contests / Events :: Soul's Team Iron Chef :: IRON CHEF XVI : Public Enemy :: IRON CHEF 16 -- AMV-