Le deal à ne pas rater :
Cartes Pokémon : la prochaine extension Pokémon sera EV6.5 Fable ...
Voir le deal

[Action][irriadin] In the Belly of the Beast

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
irriadin
New
New
irriadin

Male Messages : 48
Registration date : 2014-02-13

[Action][irriadin] In the Belly of the Beast Empty
PostSubject: [Action][irriadin] In the Belly of the Beast   [Action][irriadin] In the Belly of the Beast Icon_minitimeTue 4 Mar 2014 - 4:47

Too lazy to do the poster for now... especially since I'm going to polish this up for full release later:

This was the first time I did a 3 day IC... so of course, I was like 'mmm, time to try new things while editing under a lot of pressure and time constraints!' Yep. Lots of issues to fix before the final release. Anyway, hope you enjoy!
Back to top Go down
JazzsVids
Soul's Team
Soul's Team
JazzsVids

Registration date : 2012-02-28

PostSubject: Re: [Action][irriadin] In the Belly of the Beast   [Action][irriadin] In the Belly of the Beast Icon_minitimeTue 4 Mar 2014 - 7:50

Psycho Pass <333
This is awesome!!
great work Smile
Back to top Go down
magicflier
Forum Member
Forum Member
magicflier

Male Messages : 90
Registration date : 2014-02-24

PostSubject: Re: [Action][irriadin] In the Belly of the Beast   [Action][irriadin] In the Belly of the Beast Icon_minitimeTue 4 Mar 2014 - 9:09

great work irriadin :3
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/profile/MagicFlier
darkeldion
Forum Member
Forum Member
darkeldion

Male Messages : 101
Registration date : 2010-07-09

PostSubject: Re: [Action][irriadin] In the Belly of the Beast   [Action][irriadin] In the Belly of the Beast Icon_minitimeTue 4 Mar 2014 - 12:47

For me, this music was a trap. A trap because I feel taht this music is easy to edit but, in reality, it's hard XD
So i found that it's not bad for this music. But i think that this video need more intensity for an Action AMV with this music.
But not bad !

Good luck !
Back to top Go down
Dn@
Admin
Admin
Dn@

Male Messages : 7815
Registration date : 2007-02-25

PostSubject: Re: [Action][irriadin] In the Belly of the Beast   [Action][irriadin] In the Belly of the Beast Icon_minitimeTue 4 Mar 2014 - 12:50

Simple and clean edit, the fight scene between the 2 guy is a bit too long though imo some shots to add in between would have made this more intense.

Gj Smile
Back to top Go down
Nyala
Soul's Team
Soul's Team
Nyala

Male Messages : 5553
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: [Action][irriadin] In the Belly of the Beast   [Action][irriadin] In the Belly of the Beast Icon_minitimeTue 4 Mar 2014 - 15:11

This futuristic anime looks great !
Pretty cool clip, with some cool rhythm parts, it's good for me, gg  [Action][irriadin] In the Belly of the Beast 3772035131 
Back to top Go down
http://www.souls-team.com
JadeCharm
New
New
JadeCharm

Female Messages : 40
Registration date : 2010-12-17

PostSubject: Re: [Action][irriadin] In the Belly of the Beast   [Action][irriadin] In the Belly of the Beast Icon_minitimeTue 4 Mar 2014 - 15:24

irriadin editing never disappoints  [Action][irriadin] In the Belly of the Beast 3772035131 
Back to top Go down
irriadin
New
New
irriadin

PostSubject: Re: [Action][irriadin] In the Belly of the Beast   [Action][irriadin] In the Belly of the Beast Icon_minitimeTue 4 Mar 2014 - 16:31

JazzsVids wrote:
Psycho Pass <333
This is awesome!!
great work Smile

Thank you! Smile Psycho Pass is amazing, I loved it. Can't wait for the next season!

magicflier wrote:
great work irriadin :3

Thank you!

darkeldion wrote:
For me, this music was a trap. A trap because I feel taht this music is easy to edit but, in reality, it's hard XD
So i found that it's not bad for this music. But i think that this video need more intensity for an Action AMV with this music.
But not bad !

Good luck !

I didn't realize how difficult it was until I was about 0:45 seconds in... cuz yea, it is tougher to edit to than you'd think at first. I agree with the intensity... I didn't leave myself enough time to do all the fx / rotos that I wanted to do originally... or any of the coloration work I planned.

Dn@ wrote:
Simple and clean edit, the fight scene between the 2 guy is a bit too long though imo some shots to add in between would have made this more intense.

Gj Smile

Thanks a lot! Yea... I probably should have broken that up a bit... by the time I had my timeline full, there was 1.5 hours to the deadline and my brain was mush, so I didn't realize just how uninterrupted and lengthy that sequence was.

Nyala wrote:
This futuristic anime looks great !
Pretty cool clip, with some cool rhythm parts, it's good for me, gg  [Action][irriadin] In the Belly of the Beast 3772035131 

Thanks! Yes, Psycho Pass is awesome Smile

JadeCharm wrote:
irriadin editing never disappoints  [Action][irriadin] In the Belly of the Beast 3772035131 

Aww... thanks! ><
Back to top Go down
WarlikeSwans
New
New
WarlikeSwans

Female Messages : 19
Registration date : 2014-03-02

PostSubject: Re: [Action][irriadin] In the Belly of the Beast   [Action][irriadin] In the Belly of the Beast Icon_minitimeTue 4 Mar 2014 - 18:06

One of the things I like about your action editing, Ryan, is that you know how to balance longer, more static shots with the in-your-face intense action and high-impact editing shots, which makes it easy to absorb the video and get absorbed by it.  I know once you can open your timeline again, you'll have room to polish this more to your usual standards, but I think you should be really proud of it as it stands now.

And I still love the the sci-fi pot to the head. ^^
Back to top Go down
ProjectBarcodeError
Berserk
Berserk
ProjectBarcodeError

Male Messages : 1147
Registration date : 2010-03-09

PostSubject: Re: [Action][irriadin] In the Belly of the Beast   [Action][irriadin] In the Belly of the Beast Icon_minitimeWed 5 Mar 2014 - 17:37

1:23-1:27 i would have love to see some use of the beats. the kind of vertical glow at 1:36 bugged me too, i dunno what people likes of it .

Otherwise, use the revolt minions was extremely clever for this kind of music. And you kept the finale which was cool. maybe the fistfight was a tad long like dn@ said, but this part have some really great impact beats. it's a nice action PP amv !

definitely a top-tiers in action..

Good luck dude!
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
irriadin
New
New
irriadin

PostSubject: Re: [Action][irriadin] In the Belly of the Beast   [Action][irriadin] In the Belly of the Beast Icon_minitimeThu 6 Mar 2014 - 20:32

WarlikeSwans wrote:
One of the things I like about your action editing, Ryan, is that you know how to balance longer, more static shots with the in-your-face intense action and high-impact editing shots, which makes it easy to absorb the video and get absorbed by it.  I know once you can open your timeline again, you'll have room to polish this more to your usual standards, but I think you should be really proud of it as it stands now.

And I still love the the sci-fi pot to the head. ^^

Thanks, Nyn Smile (Sci-fi pot is OP)

ProjectBarcodeError wrote:
1:23-1:27 i would have love to see some use of the beats. the kind of vertical glow at 1:36 bugged me too, i dunno what people likes of it .

Otherwise, use the revolt minions was extremely clever for this kind of music.  And you kept the finale which was cool. maybe the fistfight was a tad long like dn@ said, but this part have some really great impact beats. it's a nice action PP amv !

definitely a top-tiers in action..

Good luck dude!
Spoiler:

Thanks a ton for the comment, PBE! And yea... that part I had to make a decision to use the beats explicitly or to go with a more atmospheric approach. I wanted to do a blend of the two, but time... The final version probably won't be so raw.

And LOL @ the spoiler image... can't say I follow them too closely, but they're definitely the biggest sports team in my area.
Back to top Go down
MagicDarkLight
Berserk
Berserk
MagicDarkLight

Male Messages : 2082
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: [Action][irriadin] In the Belly of the Beast   [Action][irriadin] In the Belly of the Beast Icon_minitimeThu 13 Mar 2014 - 0:13

Hello

I like your video on some points, and on some other not at all. It's more or less the same feeling as watching the IC from Ceddic or sometimes I also get with Shin. Your editing is good, yes, the scene selection even surprised me (in a good way). I didn't think you could make something like this with this anime, it's like I rediscovered its potential for editing xD You have great synch at some parts also.

Well even though I say that, I do have to say I didn't like this calm part with episode 11 that much. It didn't really feel like it matches the song very well, not only in term of scenes but also in synch and pace, this part could have been better imo.

But here come my complaints: the cam moves. most of them are totally unaccurate and messy. Just check this big one at 0:55, you can't do that usually xD The problem usually would be that you use too many frames to finally end on a scene that you leave static but also that you don't focus that much on having both scenes perfectly fit in each other. I mean look at 0:10, you zoom on the eyes but if they are not almost at the same position at the end of scene 1 and at the beginning of scene 2, it will just look a bit weird. I hope I don't sound too serious about this but there really is a problem and I think it wouldn't be too hard to improve that.

There are also those messy shakes around 1:05 and 1:53 and the black fades felt a bit too long at some parts.

Anyways, apart from that, I enjoyed the scene selection, the atmosphere and editing, that was cool but yeah some stuff ruined in our opinion. Good job nevertheless

Back to top Go down
http://sora-to-kasai.forums-actifs.com
irriadin
New
New
irriadin

PostSubject: Re: [Action][irriadin] In the Belly of the Beast   [Action][irriadin] In the Belly of the Beast Icon_minitimeThu 13 Mar 2014 - 2:52

MagicDarkLight wrote:
Hello

I like your video on some points, and on some other not at all. It's more or less the same feeling as watching the IC from Ceddic or sometimes I also get with Shin. Your editing is good, yes, the scene selection even surprised me (in a good way). I didn't think you could make something like this with this anime, it's like I rediscovered its potential for editing xD You have great synch at some parts also.

Well even though I say that, I do have to say I didn't like this calm part with episode 11 that much. It didn't really feel like it matches the song very well, not only in term of scenes but also in synch and pace, this part could have been better imo.

But here come my complaints: the cam moves. most of them are totally unaccurate and messy. Just check this big one at 0:55, you can't do that usually xD The problem usually would be that you use too many frames to finally end on a scene that you leave static but also that you don't focus that much on having both scenes perfectly fit in each other. I mean look at 0:10, you zoom on the eyes but if they are not almost at the same position at the end of scene 1 and at the beginning of scene 2, it will just look a bit weird. I hope I don't sound too serious about this but there really is a problem and I think it wouldn't be too hard to improve that.

There are also those messy shakes around 1:05 and 1:53 and the black fades felt a bit too long at some parts.

Anyways, apart from that, I enjoyed the scene selection, the atmosphere and editing, that was cool but yeah some stuff ruined in our opinion. Good job nevertheless

Thanks for the comment. I pretty much agree with you about some shakes + camera movement... it was very unrefined and when I watched my video the next day, I cringed looking at certain segments. I do agree that episode 11 footage was probably better for a different video... it felt right at the time, but the focus on it draws away from the other elements in the video.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Action][irriadin] In the Belly of the Beast   [Action][irriadin] In the Belly of the Beast Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Action][irriadin] In the Belly of the Beast

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1