Le Deal du moment :
Bon plan achat en duo : 2ème robot cuiseur ...
Voir le deal
600 €

[Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
WarlikeSwans
New
New
WarlikeSwans

Female Messages : 19
Registration date : 2014-03-02

[Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole Empty
PostSubject: [Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole   [Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole Icon_minitimeMon 3 Mar 2014 - 20:49

[Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole Wswans10

Category: Psychedelic/Horror
Group: The Returners
Song: Of Machines- Sailing Alone Around the Room
Anime: Gankutsuou
Guest Starring: Peter Rabbit

There are some things I plan to correct, but this is how it stood when submitted. This was my first 3-day IC, and the process melted my brain- hopefully the video reflects that.
Back to top Go down
Fadoo-Sama
Ex-Members
Ex-Members
Fadoo-Sama

Male Messages : 6703
Registration date : 2007-04-15

PostSubject: Re: [Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole   [Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole Icon_minitimeMon 3 Mar 2014 - 20:52

I love you I love you Gankutsuou 720p  I love you I love you 
Back to top Go down
http://souls-team.com/
Mycathatesyou
Forum Member
Forum Member
Mycathatesyou

Registration date : 2013-02-25

PostSubject: Re: [Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole   [Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole Icon_minitimeMon 3 Mar 2014 - 20:59

Purple walrus
Back to top Go down
MimS
Passionate
Passionate
MimS

Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: [Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole   [Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole Icon_minitimeMon 3 Mar 2014 - 21:04

Ho well, considering it's your first 3-day IC, it's cool.
But yeah there are many flaws in the editing, also, tbh, I really didn't undertand anything to your concept (and I did watch and love Gankutsuou -ok years ago).
Still, the vid was solid as a whole, the execution will only be my only complaint but I can clearly see you try to respect the different paces of the song and that's a good thing !
Back to top Go down
WarlikeSwans
New
New
WarlikeSwans

PostSubject: Re: [Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole   [Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole Icon_minitimeMon 3 Mar 2014 - 21:45

MimS wrote:
But yeah there are many flaws in the editing, also, tbh, I really didn't undertand anything to your concept (and I did watch and love Gankutsuou -ok years ago).
Still, the vid was solid as a whole, the execution will only be my only complaint but I can clearly see you try to respect the different paces of the song and that's a good thing !

You don't need to know a single thing about Gankutsuou to follow the concept... it occurs to me though that I don't know the extent to which Alice in Wonderland is seeped into other cultures, and familiarity with that was assumed.

The concept; Albert sees a woman dying, he must enter a trip to have a chance to save her. Gankutsuou and Haydee are both aspects of the white rabbit (Haydee visually, Gankutsuou through the pocket watch motif). Within the trip Albert loses focus, and slays the "white rabbit," thus failing. He is told to remember as he returns to reality, and what he remembers is that after he walked in on the scene of the dying woman, he too was shot. Retroactively the "trip" should be taken to represent his own struggle to stay alive. The title card at the end is a play on words, as the (original) white rabbit is obsessed with being late (punctually), and Albert is late (dead).
Back to top Go down
[madaraxD]
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
[madaraxD]

Male Messages : 291
Registration date : 2012-02-17

PostSubject: Re: [Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole   [Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole Icon_minitimeMon 3 Mar 2014 - 23:29

This song seems really hard to edit with, so kudos for make a good video with it,as MimS said at first i didnt got what was going on, but still i liked the editing, good job  [Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole 3772035131 
Back to top Go down
kloud
Passionate
Passionate
kloud

Male Messages : 588
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: [Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole   [Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole Icon_minitimeMon 3 Mar 2014 - 23:36

cheers 
Back to top Go down
irriadin
New
New
irriadin

Male Messages : 48
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: [Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole   [Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole Icon_minitimeTue 4 Mar 2014 - 3:58

I really love the crazy vortex of insanity @ 1:13. Gotta love the super micro beat sync, too.
Back to top Go down
JazzsVids
Soul's Team
Soul's Team
JazzsVids

Registration date : 2012-02-28

PostSubject: Re: [Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole   [Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole Icon_minitimeTue 4 Mar 2014 - 7:59

Wow! Really good! I like it a lot! One of my favs in the Psych category so far. Awesome work Smile!

WarlikeSwans wrote:
MimS wrote:
But yeah there are many flaws in the editing, also, tbh, I really didn't undertand anything to your concept

You don't need to know a single thing about Gankutsuou to follow the concept...

Pffff... [Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole No
what is he talking about.... hahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
MimS
Passionate
Passionate
MimS

Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: [Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole   [Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole Icon_minitimeTue 4 Mar 2014 - 8:31

Lol I really need to work on my classics. This time, your vid content really didn't ring my bell but by reading your explanation I don't even need to watch again the video to see it now. I remember and understand ^^

Makes it more interesting actually
Back to top Go down
ProjectBarcodeError
Berserk
Berserk
ProjectBarcodeError

Male Messages : 1147
Registration date : 2010-03-09

PostSubject: Re: [Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole   [Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole Icon_minitimeWed 5 Mar 2014 - 16:16

same, add to check the summary.

but mix of anime/song looked damn hard. it came out better than i expected.

Legit psyche .

Good luck for the ranking !
Back to top Go down
WarlikeSwans
New
New
WarlikeSwans

PostSubject: Re: [Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole   [Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole Icon_minitimeThu 6 Mar 2014 - 21:04

Fadoo-Sama wrote:
I love you I love you Gankutsuou 720p  I love you I love you 
Sadly no blu-ray release in the US, had to upscale. HD Gankutsuou would deserve all da  I love you s

Mycathatesyou wrote:
Purple walrus
Goo goo g'joob

[madaraxD] wrote:
This song seems really hard to edit with, so kudos for make a good video with it,as MimS said at first i didnt got what was going on, but still i liked the editing, good job  [Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole 3772035131 
I chose it because it seemed the best for structuring the story within. I wish the crazy part occupied more time proportionally, but that was my biggest issue with it. I know the popular thing to do is to complain about the song packs, but I was happy with this one.

I'm feeling pretty chagrined for never conceiving that the Alice in Wonderland idioms wouldn't be internationally known. Kinda tempted to hunt down some UK and Australian editors to find out if they know the expressions.

kloud wrote:
cheers 
^_^

irriadin wrote:
I really love the crazy vortex of insanity @ 1:13. Gotta love the super micro beat sync, too.
Hate to admit this, but i think 1:13 has a full 20 frames of footage totally unaltered from the end song. <_<

The micro beat sync I can take more credit for though. ^^

JazzsVids wrote:
Wow! Really good! I like it a lot! One of my favs in the Psych category so far. Awesome work Smile

Thank you!

MimS wrote:
Lol I really need to work on my classics. This time, your vid content really didn't ring my bell but by reading your explanation I don't even need to watch again the video to see it now. I remember and understand ^^

Makes it more interesting actually

Glad the explanation helped. Knowing Alice in Wonderland probably would have helped, but I think the real issue is just that I hinged too much on those idioms.

ProjectBarcodeError wrote:
same, add to check the summary.

but mix of anime/song looked damn hard. it came out better than i expected.

Legit psyche .

Good luck for the ranking !

So you didn't expect much?! I'm so offended! How dare you!?

j/k, Thank you!
Back to top Go down
BecauseImBored1
New
New
BecauseImBored1

Registration date : 2014-03-04

PostSubject: Re: [Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole   [Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole Icon_minitimeFri 7 Mar 2014 - 5:38

[Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole 1509905_891808147515306_820887870_n
Back to top Go down
MagicDarkLight
Berserk
Berserk
MagicDarkLight

Male Messages : 2082
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: [Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole   [Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole Icon_minitimeMon 17 Mar 2014 - 23:40

Hello

I'm pretty sure none of the judges understood a single thing about your concept Very Happy But I still enjoyed it a lot, was a bit unclean at some parts because of all the overlays but overall you managed to keep it under control so that it acts more as a good added value to your editing. This one was really solid and it was a surprise to actually see this anime edited again, it's been quite a while I think Surprised The association and rythm were all good so yeah, very nice video.

Good job!
Back to top Go down
http://sora-to-kasai.forums-actifs.com
WarlikeSwans
New
New
WarlikeSwans

PostSubject: Re: [Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole   [Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole Icon_minitimeWed 19 Mar 2014 - 18:48

Thanks for the feedback. I really didn't expect to get a good placement once it became clear that there was a big difference in comprehension between viewers who are native English speakers and viewers who are English fluent (but not native). I'm glad you enjoyed it anyway!

I'll be cleaning up this video next week so I can inflict it on a more general audience. Anyone who wants to send beta notes should feel welcome to. You can pm me here, on the org or on Skype (my screen name is identical to my name here).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole   [Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Psychedelic][WarlikeSwans] Down The Hole

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1