View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Letal
New
New
Letal

Registration date : 2018-02-25

[Horror] Letal - Memento Empty
PostSubject: [Horror] Letal - Memento   [Horror] Letal - Memento Icon_minitimeWed 4 Mar 2020 - 16:56

Last edited by Letal on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 19:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LuciferAMV
New
New
LuciferAMV

Registration date : 2016-04-21

PostSubject: Re: [Horror] Letal - Memento   [Horror] Letal - Memento Icon_minitimeWed 4 Mar 2020 - 19:50

pretty interesting!
good job!!
Back to top Go down
Luna
Soul's Team
Soul's Team
Luna

Registration date : 2010-09-08

PostSubject: Re: [Horror] Letal - Memento   [Horror] Letal - Memento Icon_minitimeSat 7 Mar 2020 - 15:02

First part was great! I loved the mood in it but the biggest problem is the second part. It's like 2 differents amv which has a psyche and action part but I would not call it an horror amv. I blame this on the song which is not horror to me.
Nonetheless the amv was really good and I wish you good luck!
Back to top Go down
Letal
New
New
Letal

PostSubject: Re: [Horror] Letal - Memento   [Horror] Letal - Memento Icon_minitimeSat 7 Mar 2020 - 18:33

Luna wrote:
First part was great! I loved the mood in it but the biggest problem is the second part. It's like 2 differents amv which has a psyche and action part but I would not call it an horror amv. I blame this on the song which is not horror to me.
Nonetheless the amv was really good and I wish you good luck!

Thanks Luna, and yeah i agree with you, the anime had hardly any good horror scenes despite being very dark, wich led to me choosing this song, wich led to this video not being an actual horror amv but at the end im happy with how it turned out, wish i had more time to make the diffrence between the first part and the second be less noticeble. thanks again and gl to you too ^^
Back to top Go down
SpeedQueenGK
Forum Member
Forum Member
SpeedQueenGK

Female Messages : 104
Registration date : 2018-02-03

PostSubject: Re: [Horror] Letal - Memento   [Horror] Letal - Memento Icon_minitimeSun 8 Mar 2020 - 1:27

creds for using dororo <3 the scene selections were really alright and I like how you added other sources without it being that visible ^^
Back to top Go down
MagicDarkLight
Berserk
Berserk
MagicDarkLight

Male Messages : 2082
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: [Horror] Letal - Memento   [Horror] Letal - Memento Icon_minitimeMon 9 Mar 2020 - 2:00

Hello,

I have to agree with Luna and this split was really something that bothered me as well but you still ended up 4th for several reasons. The first part of the video was really cool, the scene selection is great and the FX added are very nicely implemented, it never feels too much or random. The second part is not too bad and is built up correctly before and tbh a samurai sword fight looks a lot less out of place than mecha or fantasy battles... Especially with the hero losing eyes and this final red flow looked quite horror tbh so it doesn't end on a classical swordfight.

Overall, the video is technically clean, the pace is well managed, it's a quite solid editing if we forget some more seldom static scenes. This was not really the case for the videos below you, so yeah we could have punished those 20s samurai scenes but we chose to see the technical and general M/V association. Congratz and keep it up!
Back to top Go down
http://sora-to-kasai.forums-actifs.com
lokkiclu
Soul's Team
Soul's Team
lokkiclu

Female Messages : 283
Registration date : 2015-02-08

PostSubject: Re: [Horror] Letal - Memento   [Horror] Letal - Memento Icon_minitimeSat 14 Mar 2020 - 17:32

I really enjoyed this, to the point it even made me want to watch the anime. The color scheme is consistent from start to end and the atmosphere is super captivating, can't really go wrong with red in Horror I suppose haha! I'll agree with the rest of the comments that the fight scenes damage the universe you carefully created up to that point, I would be interested to hear what was your reasoning going in that direction. Could it be lack of scenes?

Regardless this was solid and I liked it a lot for the most part, keep it up and I'll look forward to your future work
Back to top Go down
Letal
New
New
Letal

PostSubject: Re: [Horror] Letal - Memento   [Horror] Letal - Memento Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2020 - 4:42

lokkiclu wrote:
I really enjoyed this, to the point it even made me want to watch the anime. The color scheme is consistent from start to end and the atmosphere is super captivating, can't really go wrong with red in Horror I suppose haha! I'll agree with the rest of the comments that the fight scenes damage the universe you carefully created up to that point, I would be interested to hear what was your reasoning going in that direction. Could it be lack of scenes?

Regardless this was solid and I liked it a lot for the most part, keep it up and I'll look forward to your future work

Thanks a lot lokki, and yeah the lack of scenes definetly affected my choice, the anime did not have dinamic horror scenes and my only alternative was to go into the classic ''random action/horror'' with anonymous filler scenes, perhaps that would have made for a better horror video but i preferred sticking with a consistent story and buildup of emotions i guess, and in my mind that worked a lot better than it actually did since i kinda rushed that last part but it is an IC afterall so thats to be expected.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Horror] Letal - Memento   [Horror] Letal - Memento Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Horror] Letal - Memento

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Soul's Team Forum :: Contests / Events :: Soul's Team Iron Chef :: IRON CHEF XVI : Public Enemy :: IRON CHEF 16 -- AMV-