Le Deal du moment : -28%
Brandt LVE127J – Lave-vaisselle encastrable 12 ...
Voir le deal
279.99 €

[PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lokkiclu
Soul's Team
Soul's Team
lokkiclu

Female Messages : 283
Registration date : 2015-02-08

[PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde  Empty
PostSubject: [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde    [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde  Icon_minitimeWed 4 Mar 2020 - 0:09

[PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde  LegheM3

Spoiler:

Mercury Retrograde
🌌

My home is in the cosmos, amongst my stars.
-----

Here's my entry for #STICXVI, one last time in the Psyche category. I'm not much of an anime watcher these days, but this movie touched me quite deeply and so I really wanted to try making something special for it.

Thank you to my team (Dn@ & JazzsVids) for keeping me awake and motivated all weekend, I had so much fun editing with you two this year!💖

Source: Kaijuu no Kodomo / Various
Audio: The Anix - Digital Bath
Download: https://mega.nz/#!bEknHZ6Y!odlIcBfKxvqQi4tcFByYe_AIiUVZ4zCo_KEPJOYcXWs

Back to top Go down
Sagiki
Soul's Team
Soul's Team
Sagiki

Male Messages : 228
Registration date : 2013-09-07

PostSubject: Re: [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde    [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde  Icon_minitimeWed 4 Mar 2020 - 0:10

[PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde  1583276544-unknown

Back to top Go down
Tricky
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Tricky

Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde    [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde  Icon_minitimeWed 4 Mar 2020 - 0:10

first
Back to top Go down
Sempai3607
Soul's Team
Soul's Team
Sempai3607

Male Messages : 230
Registration date : 2013-02-10

PostSubject: Re: [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde    [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde  Icon_minitimeWed 4 Mar 2020 - 0:11

[PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde  Source

Tricky wrote:
first
but you're not lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Sempai3607
Crookz
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Crookz

Male Messages : 177
Registration date : 2013-01-26

PostSubject: Re: [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde    [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde  Icon_minitimeWed 4 Mar 2020 - 1:08

[PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde  Original
Back to top Go down
Sagiki
Soul's Team
Soul's Team
Sagiki

Male Messages : 228
Registration date : 2013-09-07

PostSubject: Re: [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde    [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde  Icon_minitimeWed 4 Mar 2020 - 2:52

Seriously amazing amv, it's beautiful. That all I can say. I hate you.
Back to top Go down
konahaANBU
New
New
konahaANBU

Registration date : 2017-02-20

PostSubject: Re: [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde    [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde  Icon_minitimeWed 4 Mar 2020 - 23:14

I am just amazed by the fact that this was made in 3 days.
Back to top Go down
SmailE
New
New
SmailE

Male Messages : 45
Registration date : 2019-02-19

PostSubject: Re: [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde    [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde  Icon_minitimeThu 5 Mar 2020 - 1:13

oh yeaaah this is soume fucking masterpiece <3
legend lokki respect
Back to top Go down
Naijiko
Hyper-active
Hyper-active
Naijiko

Male Messages : 972
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde    [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde  Icon_minitimeFri 6 Mar 2020 - 19:28

My favorite video of this contest wai
Back to top Go down
Luna
Soul's Team
Soul's Team
Luna

Registration date : 2010-09-08

PostSubject: Re: [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde    [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde  Icon_minitimeSat 7 Mar 2020 - 20:03

KARA! YOU ARE A QUEEN I SWEAR!
Fuck, your video made me want to watch that movie, and damn your visuals...where do you get all these ideas?! And how can you make something so beautiful in 3 days you crazy girl!
I really have nothing to complain besides the part between 1:33 to 1:51 which is a bit weaker compared to the rest of your video ( but knowing everything is god tier, it's difficult and using only a fucking movie as a main source, RESPECT! )
I really really want to see you edit a big project, seeing what you can do in 3 days is not enough anyomore, give us more! With much love of course <333

My reaction when you sent your video on discord :

[PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde  Giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ee9c9bea3e7c1b5b648600788dfce7f98fc67521&rid=giphy

Last edited by Luna on Wed 18 Mar 2020 - 9:02; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SpeedQueenGK
Forum Member
Forum Member
SpeedQueenGK

Female Messages : 104
Registration date : 2018-02-03

PostSubject: Re: [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde    [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde  Icon_minitimeSun 8 Mar 2020 - 1:39

it's just so clean. i like this alot. Might be one of my favs from the ic^^
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Tricky

Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde    [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde  Icon_minitimeThu 12 Mar 2020 - 0:27

My favorite video in Psyche category this year once again, I love the visuals specially with the better usage of the galaxies/stars, compared to last year's 3d footages. There are also some really cool shots with the multiple screens parts, and you did well using this movie on this song instead of the Bakemono series, it fits much more.
Editing wise, the drop at 1min is well handled so props to you, preferred it over the second one who lacked a bit of impact but still flows well with the rest. I think that you focused more on the editing than you do usually and you have chosen to do new VFX rather than your old venatian blinds style and other of your classic set.

retrograde to bronze
Back to top Go down
BeautyxPain
New
New
BeautyxPain

Female Messages : 38
Registration date : 2016-02-29

PostSubject: Re: [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde    [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde  Icon_minitimeThu 12 Mar 2020 - 5:20

I LOVE YOU BIG LOTS! U IS AMAZING XOXOXO

Your coloring, so good. Atmosphere, amazing. FX, luv them <33
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/BeautyxPain102
Rikudo
New
New
Rikudo

Male Messages : 34
Registration date : 2014-02-11

PostSubject: Re: [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde    [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2020 - 16:36

brava e bella
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9GLiBJTwizPLkCfV3XRcg
Sempai3607
Soul's Team
Soul's Team
Sempai3607

Male Messages : 230
Registration date : 2013-02-10

PostSubject: Re: [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde    [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde  Icon_minitimeTue 17 Mar 2020 - 16:25

Amazing, can't really desribe how much i love this work. Imho this is the best performance for 3 days i had even seen in my life, even tho i think flow/er is still 1st in my heart from you but this year you destroy all my expectations from the beggining! This year is much stronger in terms of visual and technic then you do before and i really love fact that 2 years in a row you trying to show everyone your personality and touch really special topics about yourself. In this amv we can see how huge is your inner world and personally i cant even understand how this can be judged by someone, this is super unique and creative and i love absolutely everything about this work! Really afraid that if you keep doing like this i will not have place for other editors on my top 5 - favorite works of all time ahah.

You already know my opinion about this work but i want to leave this comment for you in the future
Future:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Sempai3607
Li0n
New
New
Li0n

Registration date : 2018-02-02

PostSubject: Re: [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde    [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde  Icon_minitimeTue 17 Mar 2020 - 16:52

My favorite video from this year. I would never have expected the same editor to make my favorite videos both for this year and last year. Really curious to see what you can achieve in a non IC video. I hope that you will make something non IC in the future, I'm sure it will turn out amazing!
Back to top Go down
vlex
Admin
Admin
vlex

Female Messages : 9606
Registration date : 2007-04-14

PostSubject: Re: [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde    [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde  Icon_minitimeTue 17 Mar 2020 - 19:50

Li0n wrote:
Really curious to see what you can achieve in a non IC video. I hope that you will make something non IC in the future, I'm sure it will turn out amazing!
plus un

Amazing work my girl!

[PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde  WJKn
Back to top Go down
http://twitch.tv/vlex
MagicDarkLight
Berserk
Berserk
MagicDarkLight

Male Messages : 2082
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde    [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde  Icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2020 - 8:56

Heeeeyyy Kara

That's an amazing video, your concept is very clear and the implementation is stellar. It's crazy how we could never guess what the main theme of the movie actually is. I loved your compositing as well, the pan crop are very creative and binds everything together quite well, same for those inverted masks with galaxies in them, I feel like you integrated the original footage much better than last year and made them your own even more this time. I appreciated how you used other animes as well but I was just a bit surprised by the eye zoom from Kimi no na wa, considering how different the chara design is.

I'll have to agree with Clément on some pace and flow imperfections in the second dynamic part where imo the scene selection became a tad too messy, it still has energy but it doesn't look like the scenes always chain together so well in terms of color and movements. Synch is also a bit more off at times. But I'm nitpicking because of how amazing it is overall though.

Congratz on 1st place in Psyche again, is it your 3rd time? Very few people achieved so many wins, you're in the realm of editing legends at this point and yeah, can't wait to see a non-ic video as well XD But for now I'm more than satisfied, great and creative work!!
Back to top Go down
http://sora-to-kasai.forums-actifs.com
lokkiclu
Soul's Team
Soul's Team
lokkiclu

Female Messages : 283
Registration date : 2015-02-08

PostSubject: Re: [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde    [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde  Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2020 - 21:31

Thanks so much everyone for your comments and feedback, I'm super happy Very Happy <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde    [PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[PSYCHE] Mercury Retrograde

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Soul's Team Forum :: Contests / Events :: Soul's Team Iron Chef :: IRON CHEF XVI : Public Enemy :: IRON CHEF 16 -- AMV-