Le Deal du moment :
Cartes Pokémon : la prochaine extension ...
Voir le deal

[Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lapskaus
New
New
Lapskaus

Male Messages : 22
Registration date : 2014-03-02

[Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings   [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Mar 2014 - 15:18

Good video, wrong category ...

Seriously, this is an action video.

You put a lot of effort into this and for the most part it's very well done ... but not for 1 second I had the feeling that this could be a romance or sentimental video.
This song isn't really very sentimental though. The first 39 seconds are the part I like the most but after that it gets way too fast.
To be honest, I closed the video at about 1:38 when I watched it the first time :/ ... and you know why.

I'm sorry for being this harsh, but I hope you can accept my honest opinion.
And don't get me wrong - you did a great job with the editing and effects (I could only dream of doing something like this in 3 days) but you chose the wrong category ^^'
Back to top Go down
http://www.animemusikvideos.de
[madaraxD]
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
[madaraxD]

Male Messages : 291
Registration date : 2012-02-17

PostSubject: Re: [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings   [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Mar 2014 - 15:57

@Dn@, yeah you are right, that part was basically a fill haha, didnt have idea what to put there honestly xD

@Lapskaus I honestly dont agree with you, and from what i see in the comments most of ppl neither but thanks for giving a honest opinion :3 its impossible to satisfy everyone, and imo this is really far from action x) lets wait for the results and see whos wrong here!
Back to top Go down
gabberMD
Forum Member
Forum Member
gabberMD

Male Messages : 80
Registration date : 2012-02-18

PostSubject: Re: [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings   [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Mar 2014 - 16:09

Lapskaus wrote:
 facepalm 
Back to top Go down
KahloReiva
New
New
KahloReiva

Male Messages : 67
Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings   [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Mar 2014 - 17:48

amazing style and originality, i really enjoyed this. im relieved i didnt enter the romance category now lol good luck, not like u'll need it.
Back to top Go down
[madaraxD]
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
[madaraxD]

PostSubject: Re: [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings   [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Mar 2014 - 7:43

inb4 best action jk  [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings - Page 2 408353 thanks for your comment KahloReiva! glad you like it, @gabber. that was my face too D:
Back to top Go down
Sempai3607
Soul's Team
Soul's Team
Sempai3607

Male Messages : 230
Registration date : 2013-02-10

PostSubject: Re: [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings   [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Mar 2014 - 8:32

gabberMD wrote:
Lapskaus wrote:
 facepalm 
xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Sempai3607
ProjectBarcodeError
Berserk
Berserk
ProjectBarcodeError

Male Messages : 1147
Registration date : 2010-03-09

PostSubject: Re: [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings   [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 6 Mar 2014 - 0:42

didn't like incrust of the train mask around the first minute.

Otherwise it's really excellent ! Will you subscribe to 1st place all years ? XD
Back to top Go down
[madaraxD]
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
[madaraxD]

PostSubject: Re: [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings   [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 6 Mar 2014 - 4:16

mdrrrr PBE xD, thanks for your comment buddy also...i was the only one who used this song? didnt saw any other vid with it D:
Back to top Go down
Anicsi
New
New
Anicsi

PostSubject: Re: [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings   [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 6 Mar 2014 - 16:06

Ahh, totally forgot to comment on this! Dududunnn, i guess we have a winner right here xD That was seriously awesome. I loved the mood of the entire video and the story was nice! Great effect editing as well. I could have done without the part at 1:30-1:40, though, it sorta killed the flow. And some of the pan/zooms were too much or felt out of place. Even so, probably my favorite romance this time around ^^ Gj!!
Back to top Go down
JadeCharm
New
New
JadeCharm

Female Messages : 40
Registration date : 2010-12-17

PostSubject: Re: [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings   [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 8 Mar 2014 - 11:55

I can see why this won 1st place. The FX and the editing really is a great job and it is amazing that you could manage that in an IC. [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings - Page 2 3772035131 
But to be honest it also killed the mood for me a little. It was hard to get any romantical or sentimental feelings with all the flashing and shaking. And just using romance scenes doesn't make your video romantic if you edit it like dance.

Hope that you can accept my honest opinion since it seems that honest opinions are something that are laughed at. which I find very sad....
Back to top Go down
Kiriforce
New
New
Kiriforce

Male Messages : 16

PostSubject: Re: [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings   [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 8 Mar 2014 - 12:15

Since we seem to start with honest opinions...I can not understand why you won the first place.
The categories are nonsense if they are not taken into account when rating the videos, because that is the only thing where you could say you have done something well or not in an IC I think.
Like Jade said I could not feel anything watching your video, which does not mean it had no great flow  or awesome FXs. Actually I liked them in your Video.
When I watched through the romance category I saw many other videos who would have deserved the first place more in my opinion, although they had no FX fireworks in it. I dunno, I just think it is not necessary to overload a video with effects and everything to get it perfectly proper for its category. The feeling comes first in romance I think, then the flow.
In Romance I personally prefer a proper cut and colours, people seem to forget what great effect this only can have.
Sure, you have done an amazing job in those 3 day, you would have won a "who can do more shit in 3 days"-category for me, but no romance. Very Happy
Because of all that I would have put it into action and maybe nominated it highly there.

Well you got so many positive responses, I think you can handle a negative one now. xD
Anyway, congratz!
Back to top Go down
Noss
New
New
Noss

Registration date : 2012-02-28

PostSubject: Re: [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings   [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 8 Mar 2014 - 16:18

i just dont get it... just dont get it... french people have a weard feeling of romance ...
Back to top Go down
darkeldion
Forum Member
Forum Member
darkeldion

Male Messages : 101
Registration date : 2010-07-09

PostSubject: Re: [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings   [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 8 Mar 2014 - 17:13

Noss wrote:
weard feeling of romance ...

The feeling... In a contest, judges can't take the feeling in ranking because the feeling is personal, it's a personal feeling that isn't the same for everybody. A judge is OBJECTIF and not SUBJECTIF. If you don't understand how to be objective and not subjective, i'm sorry for you ^^'

SO..

This video is Amazing, Madara. GG the FX, the transition, the atmosphere. Just "woooh !". Incredible in IC. Me I like, i haven't this level and i see it with my large eyes and i keep in my computer. GG for your video and your rank. Just the moment with red mask, it's a lot of different with the rest, it isn't in the same atmosphere of the rest of the amv, more speed for the rest. I can't say why, but it's not the same feeling and the same harmony of the rest of this AMV.
But, GG, i like.
Back to top Go down
[madaraxD]
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
[madaraxD]

PostSubject: Re: [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings   [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 8 Mar 2014 - 17:22

@Anicsi, thanks for your comment! I agree in all with you, that part was the hardest one for me haha, didnt know how to fill it exactly, also some effects are rushed as hell, next time i will spend the 3 days completely instead of less than 2 days <_<.
---
woah everyone is from germany o:, first of all i never said this is romance, the category is called romance AND sentimental, so basically 2 of those 3 comments are non-sense for me. Jadecharm, thanks for your opinion! i was an huge fan of your videos when i started to edit so this makes me happy =3 however i have read that you didnt know ¨how to make a sentimental/romance¨ video in other thread some days ago, right?

I know you guys are from the same community etc, i would cheer up my friends too, in fact i do it sometimes, but you guys are making a big deal out of this and forgot all the fun.
I made this video in just one day and half, didnt even bothered me to edit the full 3 days, i wanted to play league of legends and osu instead cause the point for my was have fun only, ofc win too cause im really competitive haha, but didnt liked too much the songs and i wasnt having the fun i wanted. I have been editing this ¨category¨ for idk..2 years? I know whats sentimental i think D:, but maybe you 3 are right, and the 3 experienced judges and other editors who commented here are wrong, right?
Opinons are opinions, and i respect them, however there are other ppl with more experience than you guys or me that think really different from your opinions, but usually people never can even consider they are being wrong, which makes me sad cause listen other opinions its also a big part of this hobby, there's always someone who have more knowledge about something than you (and im not talking about me), you should listen to them sometimes to learn more, thats what i did in all this years and helped me a lot!
Would be nice if someone reply this also, its always nice see other opinions! o3o thanks for take your time to wrote your opinions also!
---
edit
@darkeldion, thanks for your comment! I kinda agree with you about everything, gonna try to dont make the same mistakes next time, also glad you like it!
Back to top Go down
Kiriforce
New
New
Kiriforce

PostSubject: Re: [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings   [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 8 Mar 2014 - 19:36

Oh man Noss why the fuck did you ruin the mood xD
Seriously, nobody told anyone to comment on your video. It is true that the whole romance category drew my attention especially when Jade commented on your video, but I guarantee that not a single one of us shares an opinion just cause. I assure you I just wrote my honest opinion and so did Jade. Noss just hated french people, what is nothing I would not support either xD.....
Furthermore, didn't you even read what I wrote? I freakin admire you for what you did in this short time, but I pity others who may not have the opportunity to do so, but had the better "romance"-videos in my opinion. You've done a great job and proven yourself again, nobody of us ever doubted that.
If we go on this way I could also claim all those who commented positively just did so, because they are fans or anything, but I don't. And c'mon the contest is not really that important or serious to assume something like that, like you said. When BigContest or something starts you can assume people try to manipulate and get the cash hehe. But not here^^
I watched your video several times until I wrote that and I am well aware that I have not half of your fame or reputation, but yet, is that really a reason for you to tell me I should pay more attention to those "skilled ones" who like your video? Dude I like some of your videos pretty much myself and I am thankful for every freakin advice I get, but ffs is my opinion less important to you, just because I felt differently about the rating? I told you, I like your video and it should have won something like it did, but I don't agree on the judges' results. Hate me for it.
Seriously, I know well enough this is an event about fun, it's my first time participating in it and I love to see how many editors you get to know in here.
I did not think you would take anything from us that honestly or even notice it. You won, so why is there a reason to get mad, take it with humour!
I am as grateful to those who give negative comments as to those who like my video, because mostly I can learn from them more than from people who tell me how awesome I am. (of course it makes you feel awesome and that helps as well Very Happy)
Well you might feel too proud to take anything from me seriously, that's sad, but okay.
But what is not okay that you claim we cheered up one another to comment. We did not, I did not. Maybe we just drew one another's attention xD I really understand your problem here and I agree on you when you say it looks like we all just haaaate, but all I can do is telling you we don't^^..not all of us.

...Well I think this isn't even worth that amount of text. I am here for a hobby, not for this shit xD
Dude...keep it up, don't get anybody wrong, we all spoke for ourselves and I think nobody of us really dislikes your video....
Hope your team sucks anyway, or next year you will ban all german videos from the contest I guess xDD
just kiddin
Back to top Go down
[madaraxD]
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
[madaraxD]

PostSubject: Re: [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings   [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 8 Mar 2014 - 20:11

Fame and reputation means nothing anyway D: i talked with JadeCharm in private about this (cause i guess we both hate these kind of drama in public :p)

I always join contest to have fun so i really dont give too much importance to the results (but win would be cool =D).

I honestly dont like to be like: JUDGES DID A BAD JOB, ITS ALL THEIR FAULT ETC thing, I hate that drama, there were a lot of contest were i didnt agree with results but i never made a big deal about it (also even if sometimes is unfair you just need to make something ¨good¨ and you will palce good no mather what), it just kill the fun for everyone imo D: .

And no, as i told jade, i never saw myself as a good editor, im average for my own standards, so im not really proud of this neither, i joined with some friends to have fun and win, that was my goal and i did it! so i would never start a fight or something here, it just seemed that a lot of editors from german community (amv.de?) commented my video basically at the same time, which i find a bit hard to beleve (also your comment of ¨not all of us.¨ is telling me that i was actually right :p), but jade already told me it wasnt like that so i will believe her. Also i didnt even got mad, i went to play games (and lose fml) all this time so yeah..xD as i said i dont give too much importance to this and nah, i guess my team wont win anyway xD next categories are really hard x_x
Back to top Go down
Kiriforce
New
New
Kiriforce

PostSubject: Re: [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings   [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 8 Mar 2014 - 20:24

Dude if you talk to jade don't let me post xDD
it took me like 10 minutes to write that wall of text ;_;   JUST IN ORDER TO STAY FRIENDS WITH EVERYBODY xD

Anyway, we also had our fun in this contest, so let's just await the next category results to complain about them and expand our fun xD
...being a judge must suck
Back to top Go down
[madaraxD]
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
[madaraxD]

PostSubject: Re: [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings   [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 8 Mar 2014 - 20:33

Kiriforce wrote:

...being a judge must suck
Indeed, when i hosted speedproof ic it  was the same, such a stressed job and people complaining about everything, maybe thats why i dont wanna make their job more difficult now so yeah D:

And also dont worry dude its all good, i took your critics in a good way, there was some interesting feedback that will help me for future works so im thankfully to you for that!
now lets wait for action results and i will make a drama if luna doesnt get a good place jk
Back to top Go down
MagicDarkLight
Berserk
Berserk
MagicDarkLight

Male Messages : 2082
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings   [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Mar 2014 - 4:12

Pas mal

As last year's you take an overused anime and make something romance and fresh with it. I don't really like the fact that you prepared stuff beforehand but I admit it worked well and you edited this song, finally someone who used it xD

So yeah, most of your effects were awesome, I didn't like the flames, the audio cut at the end, the cam moves that were a bit shaky, the transition like you're just sweaping scenes behind a mask (like under his bloody hands) and some little stuff.

I really liked the orange mindfuck at 1:30, the part around 1:40 and the transition at 1:52, the MAD-like scene and a lot of cool compo. Overall editing was quite enjoyable too if we just forget that this end doesn't really feel like an end to me. xD

Great job anyways
Back to top Go down
http://sora-to-kasai.forums-actifs.com
[madaraxD]
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
[madaraxD]

PostSubject: Re: [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings   [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Mar 2014 - 4:24

MDL o/ thanks for the comment! but I should be clear here, I didnt prepared stuff before the ic started, all I did was convert eps to loseless (which is allowed in most of the ics and i think everyone did it anyway xD), my IC folder was around 90 gbs even before it started :p, but basically all i did was that, convert all kyoukai no kanata eps (i even asked you for the torrent some days before the ic remember? xD) and scenes i thought would be usefull, basically getting my footage ready?, I didnt modificated anything in the scenes before the ic started so yeah.

I agree with the audio cut D: my video was going to be 2:30 at the beggining, however i ran out of scenes so all i could do was cut the song and finish it somehow, and ye i know it doesnt feel like an end xD thats why i made that little outro, i was hoping judges would take it in a good way and understand it a bit more, thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it orz
Back to top Go down
MagicDarkLight
Berserk
Berserk
MagicDarkLight

Male Messages : 2082
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings   [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Mar 2014 - 4:33

Oh I see, well I guess I should listen less to rumours and stuff >_> Sorry for "accusing" you like this xD That's even more impressive then! It's a pity for the full cut, yeah, you need to draw new scenes to finish that cheers

(If people who really prepared compos read me, it's not like I'm putting the blame on it, it's just not my cup of tea Surprised )
Back to top Go down
http://sora-to-kasai.forums-actifs.com
Mystyk
New
New
Mystyk

Female Messages : 72
Registration date : 2010-12-17

PostSubject: Re: [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings   [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Mar 2014 - 22:45

Amazing effects Mike! but tbh I didn't like the video xD (because of the song mainly) and because I think that many of the effects were kind of ugly, like the brownish thing and red effects, and the song didn't feel romantic (which is not your fault) but the editing and storyline fits to the music well congrats anyway Razz (stop winning plz xD)
Back to top Go down
[madaraxD]
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
[madaraxD]

PostSubject: Re: [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings   [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Mar 2014 - 22:55

Thank you lesbo heni! and yeah this isnt romance at all, more like sentimental =3 still thanks for your comment! now back to have fun with playboy kimberly
Back to top Go down
Kis@
Ex-Members
Ex-Members
Kis@

Male Messages : 507
Registration date : 2010-01-18

PostSubject: Re: [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings   [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Mar 2014 - 8:40

me watching your amv
[Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings - Page 2 My+wallpaper+_2981731df6b322a81c77b960f9fc96f6

Great job , congratz dude !!  good game
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings   [Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Sentimental] [madaraxD] Paper Wings

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2